WWG meeting 2nd Mar 2020

Minutes from the meeting which took place at Bawdeswell Village Hall on the 2nd Mar 2020...

WCP Pollution Group meeting 5th Feb 2020

Notes from the Wensum Partnership Pollution Group Meeting 5th Feb 2020 RIVER WENSUM SUB-C...

River Wensum New Mills Draw Down Factshe...

Here’s the newsletter. If you could distribute this to your contact list for those who ma...

WCP meeting 13th Dec 2019

Notes and actions from the Wensum Partnership Meeting 13th Dec 2019  Bawdeswell Vill...

Tuesday, 21 January 2020 08:14

WCP meeting 13th Dec 2019

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

wwg header 2

Notes and actions from the Wensum Partnership Meeting 13th Dec 2019  Bawdeswell Village Hall

In attendance: Tim Ellis, Colin Howlett, David Harper, Ezra Lucas, Dennis Willis, John Flowerdew, Lizzie Emmett, Tim Venues, Rob Holland, Chris Turnbull, Rory Sanderson, Jez Wood, Julia Standsfield

Apologies Cass Singleton, Neil Punchard, Jonah Tosney, Chris Alston, Joss Moore, Lisa Turner

This was the first meeting following the stakeholder workshop on the 8th Oct. 

Each of the syndicate groups followed up with a list of objectives and outcomes for the 3 retrospective groups.

These being Ecology, Pollution and Morphology.

Figure 1 shows the group’s structure.

Kelvin explained that he has agreed with NCC to hold a workshop on finance and scoping potential for grant sources with Andy Thorpe Economic Development and Strategy Manager NCC.  Lizzie, Rory, Rob agreed to take part in this and Kelvin will scope a workshop in January via a Doodle Poll.

There is also a need to scope how we monitor and measure progress, not just in terms of deliverables but more importantly measure actual improvements to the river ecology. With the seemingly loss of funding supporting the Wensum DTC, we need to explore with the UEA what could they still offer in terms of guidance on this issue.

Since the workshop, discussion has continued on the potential to have an Officer in post to support and deliver the groups ambitions. Discussions are ongoing with this and a business case is to be presented to the Broads Catchment Partnership group in early Jan to fund this position  

The rest of the meeting was spent going through the recommendations from the workshop, which had been transferred into a working task list, with a set of short, medium and long term outcomes. These outcomes have been associated with the recently drafted Wensum DWP plan produced for DEFFA, so we have a draft consolidated list of activities.

Whilst the Ecology group led by the Wensum Working Group had met and made some sound progress on many of their actions, including assigning ownership and delivery dates, the other groups agreed to take away the specific tasks and review the words and the detailed specifics. It is important that we have an agreed draft to present at the BCP group meeting in early Jan, as this is the basis of any business case in terms of what we intend a Support Officer to deliver against.

Action: Lizzie agreed to review these assigned to UWFCG by 5th Jan.

Action: Rory agreed to review these assigned to the Morphology group by 5th Jan

Action: Kelvin to discuss with Neil and Jonah which tasks would be specifically owned by the project Officer.

We agreed that bringing the wider community on board would be a really prudent move and as such John Flowerdew offered to act as a co-ordination point for all Parish Councils across the Wensum Valley. We would scope the use of river wardens and local people taking an active role in reducing rural pollution. Kelvin suggested this could be a prime target of some form of NCC LIFT Community grant, to provide the skills and knowledge to deliver the necessary outcomes and that it should be modelled on schemes running elsewhere in the region.

Action: Kelvin to arrange financial workshop with NCC

Action: John Flowerdew to scope definition of engagement with Parish Councils

The group agreed to have their own distribution list of members, adhering to GDPR principles. The formation of this would be from attendee list from the 8th Oct and others that agree to become members via invitation.

Action: Kelvin to configure a membership and distribution list, all data will reside in the secure BASG CIC Wensum google dropbox.

In terms of the group’s governance, the formation of sub catchment partnerships is an agenda item on the next Broads Catchment Partnership meeting.  

Regards

Kelvin
Chair BASG CIC

Wensum Catchment Partnership Activity Plan Draft 3 Attached to download below

 

Read 2783 times Last modified on Tuesday, 21 January 2020 08:32